Sunday, February 19, 2017

Beauty and the Beast

If you couldn't already tell from my previous blog posts, I love beauty and the best. It is easily one of my favorite Disney films, and I am so excited to watch the new film featuring Emma Watson. The original 1991 film will always have my heart for a few reasons.
1. Belle is a smart, independent young women who doesn't fall for the hyper masculine Gatson, and instead is more interested in her books than his numerous advances.
2. Belle offers up her life in return for her father's release, which in my opinion is the ultimate sacrifice.
3. The beast is flawed physically and emotionally, and Belle sees through his imperfections and loves him anyways.
4. The movie teaches young girls and boys to fall in love with the person, and not the appearance. It emphasizes patience, and shows that sometimes the best things are hidden behind doors we'd never thought we'd open.

I could go on and on, but I love the shift that takes place in this movie. I feel as if Disney turned the norm on its head, and instead of preaching to young girls "find your Prince Charming", the message focuses more on looking past physical imperfections and finding the good in everyone.

The song "Tale as old as time" is such a classic, it gives me goosebumps whenever it comes on. Honestly all Disney classic's must be accompanied by a memorable soundtrack, and Beauty and the Beast doesn't disappoint.
The ending is also great. Although I get very curious as to what happens with Belle's Dad, Maurice, and Mrs. Pots. I know i'm not the only one who saw that little end of the movie, flirty action going on.... mhm I see you Maurice. Discrete is not your middle name. And I see "Mrs. Pot" but I don't see a "Mr. Pot" so for the sake of fun I'm going to assume that they get together and live happily ever after, Just like Belle and the Beast. BOOM. Story tied up in a beautiful little knot just the way Disney likes to do it. Or HUGE MAJOR TWIST, Disney decides to really put a spin on things, and go the more progressive route with a character plot twist... are you ready for it????

 Mrs. Pots isn't into "mr.'s" at all. *winky face emoji

That's right LGBTQ+ community. Welcome to the Disney World. We've been waiting for you.
 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment